High school seniors and their parents just finished making final choices from the college acceptance letters they received this spring. In many cases, they have agonized over which admission offer to accept. And after they notify the college of their choice, they sometimes wonder if they made the best choice. The best college choice for any student is the college or university that best fits them in the following 10 ways.
- academic program that will prepare them to meet their career goals
- distance from home that is comfortable for student and parents
- price tag after financial aid and scholarships that won't put them too deep in debt after graduation
- college environment that is welcoming and safe
- college services to meet their needs
- college accreditation that is regional
- degree program accreditation that meets standards for their career field
- student body that is compatible with the student
- college policies that are student and parent friendly
- campus that is inclusive and provides internships, opportunities for research with faculty and excellent career services
And if a student is not happy with his choice, transferring to another college is easier than ever.