Students thinking about college choose colleges for many different reasons. One of those reasons should be whether colleges offer their major. But not every student is sure of their major and some think it is too early to identify a major because adults tell them to wait until they get to college to decide. That delay could be expensive if the best major for a student does not happen to be offered by the college they chose.
Students who don't know which majors are best for them can quickly fix that deficit to their college decision-making process by considering how they are wired and looking at professions for people like them.
What does WIRED mean? Wired refers to how a student is designed to function. How a student is wired is key to choosing a major. Students who are counseled into majors that don't suit them miss out on the success and joy they might have had in the right career for them.
The following questions are a starting point for teen self-discovery in the college major consideration process. The answers to these questions yield HUGE clues to the college major that is best. Sometimes students feel conflicted about two majors. No worries...add a minor or second major. Sometimes students are at a loss to answer a question. That's a clue about an area that needs exploration!
15 QUESTION COLLEGE MAJOR SELF DISCOVERY QUIZ
- What do you LOVEto do?
- What do you do BETTER than anyone else?
- What STORIES does your family tell about interesting things you did as a young child?
- What subjects are EASIEST for you in school?
- What subjects are you PASSIONATE about in your free time?
- What do friends ADMIRE or DISLIKE about you?
- What do teachers PRAISE and CRITICIZE about your behaviors and achievements?
- What gets you REWARDED and into TROUBLE most often?
- What are you FAMOUS for among people who know you?
- What do most people EXPECT from you?
- How do you SURPRISE people?
- Why do you WANT to go to college?
- What EXPERIENCES in your life stand out in your mind?
- WHO would you most like to be like?
- HOW and WHERE would you like to live?
Copyright © 2015 Rambo Research and Consulting LLC. All Rights Reserved.